This is the "in person" certificate on sustainable events consisting of 16 hours of education and a multiple choice exam.
Transform conventional events into sustainable events, by designing high quality strategies that will have a positive economic, social and environmental impact in the community where the event will take place.
This in person certificate is divided in two modules that will provide the basic information and tools to gain a real sustainability criteria for meetings and events.
• Reduction of negative impacts in the organization of meetings and events
• Savings by the optimization of resources
• Gaining in competitive advantage by adding value to meetings and events
• Promoting social and environmental responsibility in the organization
• Offering meaningful experiences to participants and clients
• Becoming an active player in your field of expertise by applying global policies on sustainability promoted by the United Nations
"Leaving a beneficial legacy to the host city or event destination requires a mixture of knowledge, innovation and creativity which provides a solid platform for a new intelligence in the way we plan our meetings and events, this certificate course is a great opportunity to start creating sustainable meetings and events"
• Definition of sustainability and its co-relation to tourism.
• Evolution, trends and relevance of sustainability in meetings and events
• Regulations related to sustainability.
• Difference between CSR and sustainability
• What is a sustainable event ?
• Benefits of sustainable meetings and events ( economic, environmental and social )
• Implementation of policies for sustainable events
• Organizations that make a difference
• The four principles: preventing/reducing/repairing/compensating
• The green book with 150 tips by Fernando Compeán
• Domestic and international principles and methodologies
• The existing rules and standards of sustainable events ( ISO, etc. )
• Incorporating the value chain
• Creating a sustainability committee
• The stages of planning and executing a sustainable event ( sales, planning, operation, post event )
• Guidelines to creating a sustainable event ( city, hotel, transportation, food and beverage, water, energy, waste management, supplier selection )
• Setting goals and measuring the results
• Communicating sustainability before, during and after the event
• Sustainability criteria for producing information for participants
• Social considerations: accessibility and gender
• Case studies as examples of success
• Workshop: Creating a sustainable event
Participants will learn the basics of planning and executing sustainable events by implementing actions at every stage of the process.
The four domestic and international principles and methodologies, the existing rules and standards of sustainable events and the value chain. Creating a sustainability committee with its different stages and guidelines. Measuring results and establishing the communication strategies and actions. Some success stories and the module ends with a workshop.
Participants will begin to understand the strategic relevance of sustainability within the meetings and events industry. They will learn the basic definition and objectives of sustainability in relation to tourism, the trends and legacy of sustainable events in the world, the leading international organizations.
In this module participants will also learn the regulations and policies tied to sustainability in meetings and events as well as their social, economic and environmental benefits.